TOHOKU Food Expo is food festival from the Tohoku region, Japan, organized by Toyota Tsusho (Thailand) Co., Ltd. collaboration with Tohoku Food Culture Export Promotion Cooperative Association and Thai Airways International Public Co., ltd. promoting the export food and introducing culture, beautiful nature, tourist attractions of the Tohoku region.
The Tohoku region is located between the Hokkaido region and the Kanto region. Most areas are high mountains. Covered with big trees Whether it is the Shirakami mountains that are complete and are registered as a World Heritage Site. There is also agriculture and forestry. Which is the number 1 rice production source in Japan, as many as 260 sake breweries, Wagyu farm companies, and also a fishery business Which is considered the main business of the region Because there are 3 coastal beaches, it is ranked in the TOP 3 fishery of the world. In tourism, There are ski and onsen that are famous in the country as well. Currently, Thai Airways has opened a direct flight. Bangkok - Sendai Which will stimulate more exchanges between Thailand and the Tohoku region.
From the success of the previous event This year, the company held the TOHOKU Food Expo 2020 again on January 23, 2020 at the Toyota Tosho Company (Thailand). The headquarters inside the event has a product highlighting procession from the Tohoku region. For those who love Japanese food Can taste a variety of things, whether
• Yamanaka Inc. (Yamanaka Inc.) One of the momentum company in Ishinomaki, Miyagi Pref. supplying farmed marine products and processed at HACCP certified factory such as oyster, scallop, sea squirt and etc.
• Sanyo Suisan (Sanyo Suisan), One of the best oyster products manufacturer focusing on oysters farmed in Miyagi pref. where advanced farming method was developed in. Products are nicely packaged and recommended for both retail and business use.
• Suenaga Kaisan, with the policy “providing customers with delicious seafood straight from the waters off Sanriku, with nothing added and nothing taken away”, producing excellent quality seafood products of farmed marine product such as oyster, scallop, sea squirt and etc.
• Abecho Shoten (Farm Kensenuma) Moving north There are notable marine products such as bonito, mackerel, pacific saury, sword fish
• Kanedai, One of the big marine products manufacturers having own fishery ships. Focusing on crab and shrimps.
There is also a seaweed (Aosa seaweed) from Soma by Marui Foods (Maru Foods) that is used in cooking. Or anyone who likes to eat uni (Sea urchin) must not miss the uni from Hirono by Hironoya Inc. (Hiroonoya Inc.)
A part of the love of drinking at the event is also provided by GRA Inc. (MOG), the premium strawberry champagne producer in Miyagi prefecture known with the “Migaki-Ichigo” brand and its processed products. Is Japanese sake Kojima Youshuten, one of the top liquor wholesaler in Yamagata pref. having over 150 years history. Mainly introducing Japanese rice wine “SAKE” of Kamogawa brewery and wineries in Yamagata.
For the "TOHOKU Food Expo" held annually to open opportunities for producers of agricultural products that are popular with consumers.